ENTSO-E Board Meetings
Board meeting of 6 February 2020
Date: 6 February 2020
Time: 08:30 – 15:00
Place: ENTSO-E premises, avenue de Cortenbergh 100, 1000 Brussels
1. Welcome, attendance, adoption of the draft agenda
- The Board approves the agenda, subject to adding the following points under any other business: an update on the status of the System Operation Regions Proposal, the update of the Terms of References from the System Operation Committee and the preparation of ENTSO-E’s contributions to the Florence Forum.
2. Approval of the Minutes of the Board Meeting of 21 November2019
- The Board approves the Minutes of the 21 November 2019 Board meeting.
3. Secretary-General Orientations
3.1 Association Dashboard
3.2 EU Affairs update
3.3 ENTSO-E High Level Engagement Plan
- The Board acknowledges the reportings for information.
4. Debrief from:
4.1 Digital committee meeting
4.2 Resources committee
4.3 TSDO DSO Steering Group
- The Board acknowledges the debriefs for information.
5. Kick off of the work on the Active 2020+ Strategy
- The Board acknowledges the status of the work and the implementation governance of ‘Active2020+’ as well as the heads-up on possible strategic topics for the agenda of the Board Strategy Workshop.
6. Strategic Framework of multi sectorial planning support for TYNDP
acknowledges the “Strategic Framework of Multi Sectorial Planning Support for TYNDP” and asks the System Development Committee (SDC) to provide a Roadmap and first stakeholder mapping on this basis; and
mandates the SDC to further develop the Roadmap and to submit it to Board and Assembly approvals in Q2 2020.
7. Green Deal – Key Impact for ENTSO-E – proposal for next steps
- The Board takes note of the Green Deal and the key priority areas as identified in the Green Deal communication for the TSO community and ENTSO-E.
8. Network Code (NC) and Clean Energy Package Implementation Programme:
8.1 Dashboard report including key program highlights (incl. outcome on the consultation on adequacy)
- The Board notes the Network Codes and Clean Energy Package Implementation Programme Dashboard.
8.2 Approval of the Terms of Reference (ToR)
- The Board approves the Terms of Reference of the NC and CEP Implementation Programme subject to amending the length of the rotation which should be 1 year.
8.3 Report on balancing platforms’ implementation – ACER strive for a `single entity’
8.4 Updates on Bidding zone status (letter from NRAs)
8.5 European MRC beyond the EU
decides to give further guidance on the possible next steps to the ACER decisions on the implementation of the balancing platforms at the March Board meeting;
asks TSOs to ensure availability of resources on the Bidding Zone project; and
concerning the possibility of extending the market coupling beyond the boundaries of the EU, the Board recommends as a pre-condition to be admitted with observer status that any applicant gets from the European Commission a positive assessment of the current compliance of its legal framework.
9.1 Ukrenergo inclusion in the inter-TSOs Compensation (ITC) mechanism – approval of the response letter
- The Board approves the sending of the letter to Ukrenergo as circulated in the session file.
9.2 Pan-European Market Modelling Data disclosure to Ukrenergo
- The Board confirms the 27 November 2019 System Development Committee’s decision to approve the disclosure of ENTSO-E market modelling databases to NPC Ukrenergo as requested in its September 2019 letter.
10. Response to EC letter on third country involvement in capacity calculation – for approval
- The Board approves the acknowledgement letter and recommends that ENTSO-E Secretariat sends it to the European Commission.
11. Status report:
11.1 CGM Programme status report
11.2 STA/OPC Programme status report
- The Board acknowledges the CGM Programme and STA/OPC status report.
12. CGMES governance and conformity assessment - Dc recommendation for Board approval
approves the proposed modifications of the CGMES governance process to be compliant with the already approved CIM EG ToR;
takes note of the approval the CGMES consolidated release (version 3.0) by SOC for standardization purpose only and not for compliance; and
approves the new assignment of bodies related to the CGMES conformity assessment framework.
13. Draft March 2020 Assembly agenda – for approval
- The Board approves the draft agenda for the Assembly meeting of 26 March 2020 subject to changes agreed during the meeting.
14. Response to the Baltic Cable letter
takes note of the 31 October 2019 Baltic Cable’s letter asking to become a member of ENTSO-E; and
asks the Secretariat as first step to respond to Baltic Cable’s letter by inviting it in ENTSO-E premise to get further clarity on their interest in joining the Association and propose Baltic Cable (i) in the short-term to enter a specific contractual arrangement (including treatment of costs) when it will meet Observer membership/All-TSOs requirements and (ii) in the long-term the proper status defined by Active 2020+ strategic roadmap.
takes note of the preparation of ENTSO-E contribution the Florence Forum;
take note of the update of the Terms of Reference of the System Operation Committee that will be submitted for approval at the next Assembly meeting; and
takes note of the status of the System Operation Region Proposal.
16. Approval of Decisions
- The Board approves the Decisions of the 6 February 2020 Board meeting.