About Core CCR
The energy transition towards a carbon free electricity supply is a European challenge that requires the use of the European electricity system to the full extend. Weather-dependent supply and increasing demand response will lead to a different and more intense use of the grid. Within the Core CCR, parties involved are aiming to create operational preconditions to optimise the use of the system from a regional perspective and make the single European market a reality.
Core Capacity Calculation Region
The Core market integration project is aiming to create operational preconditions to optimise the use of the electricity system within the region. To allow Market participants to trade in different market time frames and ensure physical delivery in real time. Relevant market time frames are: forward, day ahead, intra-day and balancing. Core Transmission System Operators (TSOs) and Nominated Electricity Market Operators (NEMOs) facilitate market integration by developing methodologies and algorithms for each time frame.
The Core CCR consists of the bidding zone borders between the following EU Member States’ bidding zones: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia. These countries are in the heart of Europe which is why the Core CCR programme has a substantial importance for the further European market integration.
Within the Core CCR, 16 Transmission System Operators (TSOs) and 10 Nominated Electricity Market Operators (NEMOs) are active. The information in this section on ENTSO-E website mainly focusses on the projects the TSOs are involved in.
16 Transmission System Operators (TSOs):
- 50HERTZ50Hertz Transmission GmbH
- AmprionAmprion GmbH
- APGAustrian Power Grid AG
- CEPSČEPS a.s.
- CREOSCREOS Luxembourg S.A.
- HOPSCroatian Transmission System Operator Plc.
- ELESELES d.o.o.
- ELIAELIA Transmission Belgium SA/NV
- MAVIRMAVIR Hungarian Independent Transmission Operator Company Ltd.
- TranselectricaNational Power Grid Company Transelectrica S.A.
- PSEPolskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A.
- RTERTE Réseau de Transport d’Electricité
- SEPSSlovenská elektrizačná prenosová sústava a.s.
- TenneT (NL & DE)TENNET TSO B.V. & TenneT TSO GmbH
- Transnet BWTRANSNET BW GmbH
10 Nominated Electricity Market Operators (NEMOs)
- BSPBSP Energy Exchange LLC
- CROPEXCROATIAN POWER EXCHANGE Ltd.
- EPEXEPEX SPOT SE
- EXAAEXAA Abwicklungsstelle für Energieprodukte AG
- HUPXHUPX Hungarian Power Exchange Company Limited by Shares
- NordPoolNord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AS
- OPCOMOperatorul Pieței de Energie Electrică si de Gaze Naturale “OPCOM” S.A.
- OKTEOKTE a.s.
- OTEOTE a.s.
- TGETowarowa Giełda Energii S.A.
All under supervision of the regulatory authorities of the respective Core countries.
List of relevant links
- Joint Allocation Office (JAO)
JAO is the Single Allocation Platform (SAP) for all European TSOs. JAO provides accounting (clearing and settlement), contracting, reporting, project support and IT services.
- REMIT Platform
The Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT) came into force in 2011 to support open and fair competition in the European wholesale energy markets. REMIT sets the ground for increased market transparency and integrity, and ultimately protects the interests of companies and consumers.
- ENTSO-E transparency platform
The ENTSO-E Transparency Platform (ETP) provides free, continuous access to pan-European electricity market data for all users, across six main categories: Load, Generation, Transmission, Balancing, Outages and Congestion Management. Registered users can download data tables and graphs and customise their own dashboard and data views.