The ENTSO-E Market activities are about: Developing a harmonised European market framework, notably through drafting market network codes/guidelines and methodologies; Coordinating implementation projects related to the different timeframes and within the different regions; and Developing and maintaining tools which ensure transparency towards stakeholders.
ENTSO-E’s market team supports TSO members in all areas relating to the development and harmonization of market rules. Its main mission is to ensure that the objectives of the 3rd Internal Energy Market package are realised and to facilitate the development of a well-functioning European electricity market. It produces several reports, which help contribute to market design and developing market-related network codes, all the reports legally mandated by a regulation are available here
Beside these reports, ENTSO-E produces the Overview of Transmission Tariffs in Europe, published annually. It analyses the design, structure and level of transmission tariffs in more than 30 countries.
ITC Transit Losses Data Reports
Further to Articles 4.2 and 4.3 of Annex Part A of Regulation EC 838/2010, ENTSO-E is mandated to publish an annual report on the transmission losses incurred on the transmission system during the relevant period and the methodology used in the calculation of these losses.
Following the above requirement, the “ITC Transit Losses Data Report” provides a description of ‘With and Without Transit’ methodology, which is used in the calculation of the transit losses.
This annual report also features results of the calculations of the amount of transit losses actually incurred on the transmission system during the preceding calendar year.
Previous ITC Transit Losses Data Reports
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2021 (13/12/2022)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2020 (16/09/2021)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2019 (01/10/2020)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2018 (30/09/2019)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2017 (27/09/2018)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2016 (26/09/2017)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2015 (01/09/2016)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2014 (08/09/2015)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2013 (09/09/2014)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2012 (04/09/2013)
- ITC Transit Losses Data Report 2011 (07/09/2012)
NTC Values - Intro to the NTC Matrix
In the context of the Internal Electricity Market (IEM), there has been an increasing need from market parties to have a clear understanding of the indicative values for Net Transfer Capacities (NTC) in Europe. Published twice a year on the ENTSO-E website (previously on the ETSO Website), this prototype aims to provide an alternative way to visualize the NTC values that allows the interested parties to have a clearer and user-friendlier vision of the energy trading possibilities throughout the grids of the European countries.
The prototype presents the information on the ENTSO-E website in a more ergonomic way focusing on the maximum cross-border exchange possibilities to/from each country. This new representation mainly consists of a matrix-based representation, which allows having a quick visualization of the exchange possibilities in Europe. As specific functionality of the model, the maximal export/import value to/from each country which intends to take into account the possible interdependencies of the bilateral NTCs values on different borders of one country, in order to have a feasible set of total import/export values for each country, was included.
As an additional feature of the prototype, the publication of a reference case, is also remarkable, providing the users with additional relevant information. To this aim, agreed base case exchange values (BCEs) and forecasted Notified Physical Flows (NPFs) deriving from each country total export or import balance are presented in two different downloadable maps. For further information about the calculation process of the NTC values from the reference case situation, please consult the following document:
NTC Values Summer 2010
Explanatory notes for the Interpretation of NTC Values.
- The NTC values are indicative and non-binding values.
- The NTC values represent an ex-ante estimation of the seasonal transmission capacities of the joint interconnections on a border between neighbouring countries, assessed through security analyses based on the best estimation by TSOs of system and network conditions for the referred period.
- As numerical values, the NTCs constitute the maximum foreseen magnitudes of exchange programmes that can be operated between two areas respecting the N-1 security conditions of the involved areas, taking into account the uncertainties on the assumptions of NTC assessment (see document user guide on NTC and ATC).
- The cross-border capacity released to the market can differ from the NTC values, due to operational conditions different from the ones adopted within the assumptions of NTC assessment, in terms of generation and load pattern and/or exchange programs on other borders, and due to possible lines maintenance activities limiting the interconnection capacities.
- The NTC values provided by ETSO are computed on a bilateral basis for each separate border between neighbouring TSOs without considering multilateral influence. Thus these figures are not cumulative (they cannot be summed up).
- In order to take into account the possible interdependencies of the bilateral NTCs values on different borders of one country the maximal export/import value to/from each country have been included in this new prototype.
- For specific information of TSOs on these NTC-values for each country / border click on links TSO-information.
- For NTC data after 2011, please see transparency.entsoe.eu
- NTC Values Winter 2010-2011 (32 kb - created: 24.02.2011)
- NTC Values Summer 2010 (36 kb - created: 06.07.2010)
- NTC Values Winter 2009-2010 (28 kb - created: 25.11.2009)
- NTC Values Summer 2009 (25 kb - created: 20.05.2009)
- NTC Values Winter 2008-2009 (24 kb - created: 22.12.2008)
- NTC Winter 2008-2009 - Base Case Maps (33 kb - created: 22.12.2008)
- NTC Values Summer 2008 (26 kb - created: 15.7.2008)
- NTC Summer 2008 - Base Case Maps (38 kb - created: 10.7.2008)
- NTC Values Winter 2007-2008 (25 kb - created: 5.12.2007)
- NTC Winter 2007-2008 - Base Case Maps (50 kb - created: 5.12.2007)
- NTC Values Summer 2007 (25 kb - created: 7.5.2007)
- NTC Winter 2006-2007 (28 kb - created: 24.11.2006)
- NTC Winter 2006-2007 - Base Case Maps (110 kb - created: 24.11.2006)
- NTC Summer 2006 - Base Case Maps (33 kb - created: 19.5.2006)
- NTC Summer 2006 - NTC Matrix (27 kb - created: 5.5.2006)
- NTC Winter 2005-2006 - NTC Matrix (26 kb - created: 12.12.2005)
- NTC Summer 2005 (92 kb - created: 2.5.2005)
- NTC Winter 2004-2005 (17 kb - created: 22.9.2004)
- NTC Summer 2004 - SEE region (11 kb - created: 22.7.2004)
- NTC Winter 2003/2004 (14 kb - created: 6.5.2004)
- NTC Summer 2004 (16 kb - created: 6.5.2004)
- NTC Winter 2004 - SEE region (53 kb - created: 14.10.2003)
- NTC Summer 2003 - SEE region (80 kb - created: 14.10.2003)
- NTC Summer 2003 (13 kb - created: 24.3.2003)
- NTC Winter 2002-2003 (14 kb - created: 27.9.2002)
- NTC Summer 2002 (13 kb - created: 22.5.2002)
- NTC Winter 2001-2002 (15 kb - created: 5.11.2001)
- NTC Summer 2001 (12 kb - created: 19.6.2001)
- NTC Winter 2000-2001 (14 kb - created: 19.6.2001)
- NTC Summer 2000 (13 kb - created: 19.6.2001)
- NTC Winter 1999-2000 (13 kb - created: 19.6.2001)